Terms and Conditions of Service For LC Tree Care
The contractor – the person or business undertaking the works and the client. Once
accepting the quote, as the client and the business undertaking the works accept to
the following Terms and Conditions. All Terms and Conditions for service should be
1. Giving notice on the right to cancel – the client has 7 days to cancel the contract (in
writing) from the acceptance date. A charge of £60 will be sent as an invoice via email if the agreed quote is cancelled within the 7 days cancelation period.
2. The quotation is valid for 60 days from the date stipulated upon the Quotation. The
quotation is made by taking into account any valuables, garden furniture, garden access,
etc. that may be within the immediate surrounding work area(s), therefore if circumstances of the surrounding area change such as the assembly of a shed or play equipment etc. the quotation may need to be revised or amended to suit.
3. All works will be in accordance with the current British Standard 3998 ‘Tree Work
Recommendations’ where possible unless specified otherwise. Sizes stated are approximate and, wherever possible will be to the nearest appropriate pruning point.
4. in the event of a variation to the quotation as a result of:
a. Amendments to works required prior to arriving on site.
b. Changes in site / ground conditions since the original visit.
c. Additional works requested / needed whilst on site the quotation will be revised
accordingly, and then agreed changes will be signed by the contractor and the client.
5. Stump grinding will be to a depth of approximately 200mm below the immediately
adjacent ground level. This will include the removal of the stump and the buttress roots but will not include lateral roots unless otherwise stated. The client will advise the contractor of any known underground services in the vicinity of the stump prior to starting the job.
6. All cutting include twigs, branches, woodchips, logs, trunks, foliage etc will be removed
from site. It then becomes the property of the contractor unless specifically stated otherwise in the quotation.
7. On completion of the works, an invoice will be raised and final payment is not expected
until satisfactory completion of the job and/ or within 14 days. Failure to make payment
(Unsatisfactory completed work MUST be immediately notified in writing to the contractor and within a maximum of 24 hours).
8. Works which will take place over a time period of 3 days or more a 10% deposit may be
requested as a holding fee and then will be deducted from your final invoice total.
9. Following written / verbal instructions from the client, the contractor will check with the Local Planning Authority (LPA):
a. Whether the tree(s) are the subject of a Tree Preservation Order.
b. Whether the trees are located within a Conservation Area.
The contractor will also consider whether a Felling License is required from the Forestry
Commission (FC). Or if any other permissions consultations are needed, i.e. Natural
England / Environment.
10. Where works may involve to third party trees, i.e. ‘neighbours trees’, the contractor will need written confirmation from the tree owner. (‘The neighbours’) that the works are agreed and where necessary, that access is allowed. If works apply to overhanging branches that can be pruned from within the clients property then permission is not needed however the neighbour should still be advised where practicable (please also see 9. above as this may also apply). Terms and conditions for services should be noted.
11. The contractor has Public Liability Insurance and a copy of the certificate is available on request. The contractor will operate in accordance with good industry practice and Health & safety standards. Contractor will undertake site specific Risk Assessments where and when necessary.
12. The site will be left clean, tidy and at safe standard. Due to the very nature of the works the production of wood dust chainsaw or wood chippings, twigs, leaves, and needles etc. may be present in small quantities although we pride ourselves in leaving the area well ordered and presentable.
13. if the works spread over multiple days, the site will be left appropriately and safe as
agreed with the client beforehand.
14. the contractor will undertake the works as scheduled but is aware of / may be
constrained by ecological and wildlife legislation including:
a. Wildlife and Country Act 1981
b. Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000
c. Conservation of Habitats and Species Regs. 2012
This legislation needs the contractor to assess the impact of the works which may result in
works being delayed as a result of nesting birds roosting bats or bees.
We always endeavour to provide the best service for our customers. However, on rare
occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be
completely satisfied. To ensure we are able to put things right as soon as we can, please
read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure
everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.In the unlikely event there is
anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Please either call us on 07957037347
Write to us at: LC Tree Care, 361 Shenley Road, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 1TW
(please request proof of receipt if posting)
Or alternatively you may email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to respond within 2 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a
Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 01174566031.